Business checked for alcohol sales to minors
On October 18 The Special Investigations Division conducted an operation checking businesses that sell alcohol in the Lower Keys. Twenty businesses were checked including restaurants, convenience stores and bars. Two of the businesses served alcohol to minors during our investigations. The two people who sold the alcohol were given notices to appear before a Monroe County Judge.
The following are a list of the Business, and suspects who sold the alcohol:
· Kickin Back Food Store on Cudjoe Key. Attendant – Daniel E Smith, 23 years of age. Notice to appear issued.
· Walgreens on Big Pine Key. Attendant – Rosa Bundy Gilday, 31 years of age. Notice to appear issued.
The Sale Clerk violations are up to 60 days in jail, a $500 fine, $235 in court cost, $75 in cost of prosecution, and $40 in cost of investigation.
The Licensee Violations are:
· 1st offense $1000 fine and 7 day suspension
· 2nd offense $3000 fine and 30 day suspension
· 3rd offense Revocation of license.
The remaining business checked, were in compliance with the law.
This operation was conducted in cooperation with the Monroe County Coalition for a Safe and Drug Free Community.