Sheriff’s Office continues with DUI Saturation patrols
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office is continuing its efforts to combat drunk driving under a grant funded by the Monroe County Coalition for a Safe and Drug Free Community. Under the grant, Deputies perform extra patrols on the streets and highways of the county watching out for drivers who are impaired and driving dangerously.
On Saturday, February 16, Deputies Danielle Malone, Andrew Hudson, Jaime Miranda, Juan Martin-Reyes, and Greg Korzen participated in the DUI Saturation Patrol. Deputies actively patrolled the Lower Keys from Key West to Big Pine Key with the emphases on impaired drivers.
The saturation patrol resulted in the following activity:
· 1 DUI arrest
· 1 Felony Possession of 27 Grams of Marijuana arrest
· 1 Driving with suspended driver’s license arrest
· 1 Driver without a driver’s license arrest
· 28 vehicles were stopped
· 25 traffic citations were written
· 7 written warnings were issued