Alcohol Compliance Check results in seven violations
On January 25, 2013 the Sheriff’s Office Special Investigations Division conducted an operation checking businesses that sell alcohol in the Lower Keys. Seventeen businesses were checked including restaurants, convenience stores and bars. Seven of the businesses served alcohol to minors during our investigations. The seven people responsible for the violations were given notices to appear before a Monroe County Judge.
The following are a list of the Business, and suspects who sold the alcohol:
- Chevron 5220 US-1 Stock Island, Fl attendant – Jose Reynaldo Garcia Zepeda, DOB 06/18/1957 notice to appear issued. This is the second offence for this business.
- Dions 5350 Overseas Hwy Stock Island, Fl attendant – Jennifer Reed Albritton, DOB 03/10/1971 notice to appear issued
- Tom Thumb 5690 Maloney Stock Island, Fl attendant – Nicanor Torres, DOB 08/31/1960 notice to appear issued
- Shell 5991 Overseas Hwy Stock Island, Fl attendant – Jeffrey Richard Impallomeni, DOB 07/05/1944 notice to appear issued
- Baby’s Coffee 3178 Overseas Hwy Bay Point, Fl attendant – Andrew J Olean, DOB 11/25/1943 notice to appear issued
- Shell 6099 Overseas Hwy Summerland Key, Fl attendant – Agnes Mary Kavanagh, DOB 02/04/1961 notice to appear issued
- Walgreens liquor store 30351 Overseas Hwy Big Pine Key, Fl attendant – Douglas Wooddy Stevens DOB 05/01/1985 notice to appear issued
The Sale Clerk violations are up to 60 days in jail $500 fine, $235 in court cost, $75 in cost of prosecution, and $40 in cost of investigation.
The Licensee Violations are:
- 1st offense $1000 fine and 7 day suspension
- 2nd offense $3000 fine and 30 day suspension
- 3rd offense Revocation of license.
The remaining business checked, were in compliance with the law.
This operation was conducted in cooperation with the Monroe County Coalition for a Safe and Drug Free Community.