Five cited for selling alcohol to minors
On October 26, 2012 the Special Investigations Division conducted an operation checking businesses that sell alcohol in the lower keys. Twelve businesses were checked including restaurants, convenience stores and bars. Five of the
businesses served alcohol to minors during our investigations. The five people were given notices to appear before a Monroe County Judge.
The following are a list of the business and suspects who sold the alcohol:
- Chevron 5220 US-1 Stock Island, – attendant – 53 year old Vera P Zasicova
- Baby’s Coffee 3178 Overseas Hwy Bay Point, – attendant – 48 year old Susan Reynolds
- Sugarloaf Marina 17015 Overseas Hwy Sugarloaf, – attendant – 43 year old Robert J. Rupp
- Kickin Back Food Mart, 21362 Overseas Hwy Cudjoe Key, – attendant – 22 year old Wesley R Wilburn
- Murrays Food Market 24560 Overseas Hwy Summerland Key, – attendant – 19 year old Megin R.
The Sale Clerk violations are up to 60 days in jail $500 fine, $235 in court cost, $75 in cost of prosecution, and $40 in cost of investigation.
The Licensee Violations are:
- 1st offense $1000 fine and 7 day suspension
- 2nd offense $3000 fine and 30 day suspension
- 3rd offense Revocation of license.
The remaining business checked, were in compliance with the law. This operation was conducted in cooperation with the Monroe County Coalition for a Safe and Drug Free Community.